Eligibility To Participate

You are eligible to participate in the Individual Account Plan when you begin working in covered employment in a job covered by a collective bargaining agreement (or other written agreement) between your employer and IBEWLocal No. 26, which requires your employer to make contributions to the Fundon your behalf. An Individual Account will be established in your name when the Fund first receives employer contributions made on your behalf.

Generally, you are not eligible for Plan coverage if you are not a member of a bargaining unit represented by Local 26 unless your employer has entered into a special Participation Agreement with the Trustees. In addition, you are not eligible to participate if you are a sole proprietor, are a partner in a partnership, or own or control at least 15% of any class of the outstanding stock of an incorporated employer. Once you become a Participant in the Plan, it is your duty to report to the Trustees, in writing, any change in your employment status that may make you ineligible to participate under this rule.

Coverage under this Plan is provided to certain employees of Local 26, the Local JATC, the Washington, DC Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association and the Fund Office. Contributions by these employers are subject o the terms and conditions of Participation Agreements between the employer and the Trustees.


You are always 100% “vested” in the contributions that are made on your behalf by your employer from the day you become eligible to participate in the Individual Account Plan. Being vested means that once contributions are made to your Individual Account, they cannot be taken away from you— even if you leave covered employment. Moreover, in the event you die before receiving your Individual Account, your spouse and/or designated beneficiary will be entitled to your Accumulated Share.